(Sent Application before 15 January 2019)
The Center for Islamic Studies (PPI) at the Universitas Nasional is seeking a Communications Officer in order to create and implement communications strategies for the faith based campaign on Illegal wildlife trade in Indonesia, particularly in Sumatera and Banten.
Applicants should be experienced in developing and implementing plans to engage target audiences and spread messages about our work and resources. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of success in the communications sector or related fields, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Bahasa Indonesia. Preference will be given to those who also have experience and skills in digital marketing, new media etc. Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead in Campaigning of Combating the Illegal Wildlife trade in Trough Traditional and New Media Communication
- Develop, the media strategy, support and promote the Center’s goals, including message development, social media content creation and media outreach
- Develop and disseminate public relations materials that increase our visibility among stakeholders and policy makers and targeted audience.
- Build and maintain relationships with journalists, bloggers, decision makers and customer audiences that will help advance the center work
- Identify target audiences and create strategies to effectively engage them
- Ensure digital marketing content aligns with center objectives and message, and assist with marketing campaigns as needed
- Work closely with partners, researcher and executive director to develop and support the mission and target
- The preferred candidate should have a Degree in Social Sciences, Conservation Biology, Communications, Public Relations, Media studies, Journalism or their equivalent .
- At least 2 years demonstrated technical experience having worked in a similar position, preferably in an International NGO, government agency, and private sector.
- Demonstrated experience and skill in photography, videography and social media management
- Experience in researching and producing communication and advocacy materials, and using evaluation results to inform strategy design.
- MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint or comparable software. Administratively self-sufficient.
- Demonstrated experience working in multi-cultural settings.
- Willing to visit the remote areas and communities.
Application sent to: email: firstname.lastname@example.org (sent before 15 January 2019)
—only shortlisted candidates will be contacted—