ISLAM DAN LINGKUNGAN
The Center for Islamic Studies (PPI) seeks to engage with Islamic teachings and perspectives to address environmental issues such as nature conservation and climate change. We build bridges between Muslim leaders and communities and environmental scientists and practitioners for the good of people and the planet. We foster integration in academia of Islamic and scientific thought and contribute to local, national, regional and international initiatives on Islam and the environment.
With this background, PPI-Unas works to explore and actualize various Islamic treatises, traditions, and local knowledge that have been proven to bring prosperity to mankind and nature. At PPI-Unas we build a network of Muslim intellectual groups, strengthen collaboration and good practices as a joint contribution in reducing the impact of climate change, starting at the local, national and international levels.
PROGRAMS: We work in various areas including:
- Nature Conservation Training for Clerics (Imam)
- Climate Change and Peatland Restoration for Clerics (Imam)
- Green Hajj
- Ekopesantren Programme
- Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) RESOURCE
- Tackling Illegal Wildlife Trade
- Islam and Environmental Conservation Publications
- Islamic Declaration on Climate Change
- Ummah for Earth